A Perpetual Flush | Stila Convertible Color in Poppy

Tuesday, October 9, 2012







So as you may already know, I have recently fallen in love with this beautiful little cream product from Stila.  I wore it almost every day last week, and I think it's safe to say it has become one of my fall staples!

Now I realize that this product is not new, but I hadn't heard about it until a few months ago, so it's new enough to me, and I'm damn excited about it!  Stila markets it as a 2-in-1 lip and cheek product, but in my opinion this particular color works best as a blush.

When worn on the cheeks:
A little goes a very long way!  I gently tap my ring finger into the compact only twice (and even that can be too much at times), tap off any excess onto the back of my other hand, and then lightly pat it into my cheeks.  It is insanely easy to use too much of this because the product is so pigmented, however it's simple enough to swipe your foundation brush over your cheeks a few times to tone it down.  This adds the perfect flushed look to the face and literally lasts all day!  I was so nervous that, because this is a cream product, and because my skin can get pretty oily throughout the day, that this would eventually just melt away into my skin, but it literally STAYS. PUT.  I wore this into New York City one morning, and when I returned home late in the night (after traipsing up and down Chelsea all day), my cheeks looked the damn same as they had just after applying it!  I still can't believe the lasting power of this product, but there you go.  I have medium/tanned skin, but I think this would look amazing on girls with darker skin as well.  If you tend toward the paler end, I could still see this looking gorgeous, you'd just have to be very sparing in your application!  In fact this would probably work much better as a lip product on girls with pale skin.

When worn on the lips:
I can't comment at length on this, because I haven't really worn this on my lips very often, but when applied, it acts essentially as a lip stain. You can be much more liberal with this product when wearing it on the lips, and after about thirty minutes it sinks in and stays put.  I was surprised that it wasn't as drying as I thought it would be, but I'd imagine you'd need to apply a lip balm of sorts after a while.


The Stila convertible blushes retail at $25 and are available at Sephora in the United States, and from FeelUnique internationally (where it is just a tad bit more expensive).

While this is admittedly a pricey blush, I'd be happy to pay the price again because the product is long-wearing, highly pigmented, and will undoubtedly last me a good long while!  Additionally, I love the packaging.  It tells you exactly what color it is before opening it, so you don't have to rifle through opening and closing several different compacts to find what you're looking for!


Do you own any products from Stila?  What is your opinion on their convertible color blushes?


Laters!!


Amelia xx

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great products, so versatile!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like such a lovely product!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. i'm launching a new giveaway to win 30 beauty products tomorrow inc. essie etc. make sure you stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...