Too Many Empties!! Products I've Used Up #1

Sunday, September 30, 2012

 






As you might already be able to tell, I have collected quite a few empty containers of products I've used up recently, and since they're my favorite kinds of posts/videos to read and watch, I thought I'd do my own!  Because really, who doesn't love a good empties post, amiright?!  (Sidenote: I just discovered that my camera has a close-up option and I am so pleased with it that I might have gone a bit mad with it, sorry!)

1. We'll start off with the boring, ho hum stuff.  Wet wipes; what else can you say about them?  They're wet and they clean your hands.  Nothing too special here.  I was using these to cleanse my hands on the go before I was introduced to the wipes from Motif.

2. Motif Hand/Face Wipes in Water Lily and Herbs (clicky!)
I use these up so quickly either on my trips to NYC to visit the sib, or after I get off work (my job requires me to use my hands a lot).  They smell amazing, and I currently have two back ups.  They're so easy to just chuck in a bag because of how thin they are.  I will definitely keep repurchasing these!

I appreciate these for what they are, but I do think they're a bit overrated.  I really like having these in my bag for those grungy days on the job (no, I don't wear make up to work!) because they do the job of making my face feel clean.  I don't think this is quite the miracle product that a lot of people make it out to be, but it does the job when you're unable to properly clean your face.

4. Caudalie: The Eye Cream
Even though it's called THE eye cream, I just don't think it's the eye cream for me.  I noticed no differences in my eye area after finishing this sample, and although there was only a teeny weeny amount in the sample, I just wasn't wowed enough to want to give this a proper go.  Won't be buying the full version.

5. Viva La Juicy perfume sample
From what I've heard, a lot of people heart this perfume.  I however, did not.  I liked the floral notes in it, but mixed with the amber, sandalwood and vanilla, I was just not a fan.

6. Various dead mascaras
I really enjoyed the L'Oreal Voluminous Millions as it was very separating on my lashes.  I liked the Clinique Bottom Lash as well, but because of its size, I use it up quite quickly.  I've used up two or three tubes of each now!

7. Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eye liner
I freakin love this stuff!  This is probably the third or fourth one I've finished up, and I will continue to repurchase it.  The tip is very small and precise, and it allows you to hold it quite close to the end so that you can apply your liner with a steady hand.  Always appreciated!!

8. Mac MSF Natural in Medium Plus
This was pretty meh for me.  I chat about it a bit here if you're interested.

9. Mac Plush glass in Big Kiss
The Mac plush glass formula is tops!  When worn it feels like your lips are tingly and a bit puffier (in a good way).  I would defs buy it again, but in a different color.  This shade was a bit too warm for me.

10. Mac Cremesheen lipstick in Creme d' Nude
Definitely not the shade for me.  I had heard all of the beauty gurus talking about it aaaages ago, and even though I'm a bit darker than the girls who were raving about it, I foolishly thought it would work on me as well.  I actually walked out of the store with it thinking "Well, maybe it's just the harsh lighting.  It'll look better on at home."  It didn't.

I got this as part of a gift set last Christmas.  I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either.  It did the job as a shower gel, but unfortunately I just found the scent a bit gross.  It claims to be infused with sweet violet extract.  Guess I know what to stay away from, then!

I remember watching a Lisa Eldridge video on her gift ideas for the holidays, and this was one of the products she mentioned.  I absolutely love Lisa Eldridge, so as soon as she raved about this product, it went right smack on my wish list.  Now I'm sure you've heard other beauty gurus talking about this brand, but if I can sway you any more towards it, I'm gonna try!  This is hands down the most luxurious and beautifully scented shower gel I've ever used.  And even though it comes in a generous 400ml size, I used it up in less than two months, because I was literally making excuses to have two showers a day, just to use this product!  It's INSANE how much I love it.  It is a bit pricey at $20 here in the states, but I would definitely buy another one of these in a heart beat (in fact, I have!), just to try a new scent.

As stated in my hair care routine post, I am very open to testing out new conditioners, and I rarely buy the same one twice.  I got these on a buy one get one free offer at Ulta recently, and they definitely did the trick.  The Smooth Start smelled lovely, like sweet, white flowers, and the Root Awakening smelled surprisingly like sweet mint gum!  Both were quite nice, and left my hair soft and tangle-free, but if you've read my new hair routine post, you'll see I've already purchased a different conditioner.  That said, I definitely trust John Frieda with my hair!

Whew!  What a post, eh?  If you've made it this far, then good job, you!  I'm going to try and work on making my posts less wordy, but sometimes I just have tons to say!  Oh well, hope you enjoyed the empties post (I'm having a ball watching all of the new empties videos up on youtube right now!), and I'll speak to you again soon.

What are some of the products you've used up recently?  What is your most repurchased beauty item?

Until next time.  Laters!

Amelia xx

7 comments:

  1. Haha this is one unique post, of your empty stuff! Love it though! I've got so much of empty cans of my fave foundation :P

    Love,

    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh im surprised you do not like Viva la juicy perfume, i absolutely adore it, it is my favourite perfume of all time, haha! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just dried really funny on me, it didn't work with my body chemistry, but yeah I know a few people who absolutely love it!

      Delete
  3. I am absolutely horrible at using up my products, I'm the exact opposite. Usually have to trow it away because it gets old. :/ A very bad habit of mine.
    Nice blog by the way! I'll definitely be back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I used up so many! In fact, it makes me sad, as I then have to go out and spend more $$ to replace them!

      Delete
  4. I can't stand the scent of Sweet Pea either! It's just wayyy too sweet! It's apparently one of their best sellers though...

    Just stumbled across your blog and love it! New subscriber! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that's amazing, thank you and welcome! And I can't believe Sweet Pea is a best seller, I agree with you, it's too damn sweet!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...