Revlon Lip Butters for Tanned/Olive Skins

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hello my lovely, lovely chums!

Now because you are reading a beauty blog at the moment, I am going to assume that you have at least heard of the infamous Revlon Lip Butters.  But if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then fear not; I brought swatches!!

L to R: Sugar Plum, Cherry Tart and Pink Truffle

So if you're a bit late to the party, the Revlon lip butters are basically solid lip butters (you know, like the kind they sell in pots?) that you can apply as a lipstick.  Out of the entire range, the colors pictured above are the only ones that I bought that stood out to me in any way.  I can't speak for those with lighter skin tones, but it seems like a lot of the colors in the range are better suited to people with lighter skin.  Whatever the case may be, I've tried these, and I have my own opinions to report.  Obviously I can only comment on what works best for my skin, but hopefully you find some of this helpful.  Anyway, enough of the intro blabber.  Let's get on with the swatches, shall we?

L to R: Pink Truffle, Cherry Tart and Sugar Plum

Pink Truffle:


Cherry Tart:


Sugar Plum: 


What I like:
1. These lip butters are HANDY.  They give you a decidedly medium coverage, so you may feel more confident slapping these on without a mirror.
2. They are moisturizing.  They have the properties of a lip balm, or a chapstick, and don't initially dry out your lips.
3. They are buildable.  You can apply just a sheer layer of product, or lay it on thicker for a more intense color pay-off.

What I don't like:
1. Minimal color selection.  Like I said earlier, there are I think around seventeen or twenty colors, but of those, I only had luck with about three.  And even then, I don't really love the Cherry color.
2. They wear off quickly from the center of the lip, leaving you looking like you're wearing thick lip liner.  This has to be my least favorite part about these lip butters.  I'm not sure if I'm just special and don't know how to wear lip products properly, but I was wearing the Sugar Plum the other day, and had to reapply about once every twenty-five minutes!  I wasn't even eating or drinking, just walking around running errands, so not very pleased with that.
3. They don't give you a ton of product.  When you screw the lip butter all the way up, you can see that they give you very little product, and after having the Sugar Plum for just over one week now, I've already used about a third of it, and haven't even been wearing it every day.

But I digress... On the whole I really do get on with these pretty well, and I have to say I've been reaching for the Sugar Plum color (which, for whatever reason, showed up lighter on camera than it does in real life) most often this month in anticipation of the colder months (plummy colors in the fall, ooer).  So if you don't mind having to reapply about twice an hour to keep the color from looking funny, or spending about $7.50 on a lip balm, I think it would be worth giving these a go.  A lot of people seem to have had success with these!



So, have you tried any of the Revlon Lip Butters yet, or have you held off so far?  What shades work best for you?

Until next time.  Laters!

Amelia xx

3 comments:

  1. I like Sugar Plum! I use "Sweet tart" and really like it, but you're right they do fade quickly!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm Sweet Tart, might have to give it a shot. Even though I didn't give these a glowing review, I'm still addicted to buying them, it's terrible!

      Thanks for stopping by, Bree!

      Amelia xx

      Delete
  2. Sugar plum looks amazing! Would be great for fall, so sad we don't have Revlon where I live!

    http://www.malikagodt.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...