Bath and Bodyworks Holiday Candles

Sunday, September 9, 2012


Hello chummies,

So I recently flew over to my nearest Bath and Bodyworks (which for time's sake will here on out be referred to as BBW) because oh my god they were having a sale on medium candles, and by golly, I was there.

So I poked in, had a sniff around, and realized that I don't really like too many of the scents that BBW put into their candles.  Granted, I did end up choosing four that I am really happy with, but now all I need is for the weather to cooperate and get cooler already, dammit.  I can't be smelling pumpkins and cinnamon while it's still hot outside; that's just wrong!

Let's have a breakdown of the scents, shall we?

Lavender Vanilla
According to BBW: A blend of two timeless scents - lavender and creamy vanilla - becomes unforgettable with touches of cedarwood, delicate jasmine and citrus.
According to me: This is the only one I haven't burned so far, but the cold throw is vanilla, full-throttle, with just a smidge of citrus.  Maybe the lavender scent will make itself more apparent while it's burning?

Apple Crumble
According to BBW: The perfect way to chase away an autumn chill, baked Granny Smith and McIntosh apples topped with vanilla crumble.
According to me: This one smells less like apples to me, and more like just cinnamon while it's burning, however the apple is very apparent when it's cold.  I haven't burned it for very long, but the scent seemed a bit subdued to me as well.  Could be I didn't give it enough time, though.



Cinnamon Nut Bread
According to BBW: Warm and comforting on a cold fall day - fresh baked shortbread with cinnamon, buttercream and chopped nuts. 
According to me: A very pleasantly sweet smell that is neither sickly nor cloying.  The cinnamon is definitely there, but the main note is actually more nutty to me.  I even detect—and this could just be me—a hint of banana?  Whatever it is that's going on in there, I'm definitely likin' it.

Pumpkin Cupcake
According to BBW: The perfect pick from the corner bakery this fall - a spiced pumpkin cupcake with rich buttercream and frosted ginger.
According to me: Not much pumpkin, and very little ginger, this one smells a lot like BBW's "Frosted Cupcake" candle, which would make sense, d'oh.  I find myself burning this one most often, as it is a strong scent that you can detect from feet away after only a few minutes of burn time.  It smells rather like cinnamon frosting, if there even is such a thing (what is with me and cinnamon??).

I should say that I am in love with the size of these candles, as I find I get sick of scents rather easily and am always in the mood to try something new.  If I had a larger candle, I feel like I might get tired of burning the same one, day in and day out, and the smaller ones don't give off enough of a smell for me.  These medium ones, however, are just right.  What is this, Goldilocks and the three candles??


So that is all, my ickle friends!  Let me know in the comments what your favorite BBW candle scents are, and make sure to take advantage of the sale that is going on right now!  You get two medium candles for just $10 (that's equivalent to buy one, get one free), so you'll save about $10. 

I hope you found this helpful and informative!

Laters,

Amelia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...