DIY Beaded Wrap Bracelet

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hello beautiful people!

I was feeling strangely crafty today, so I stopped in at Michael's to get some materials for a project I have been meaning to undertake for quite some time now.  I had seen a youtube tutorial on do-it-yourself wrap bracelets a few weeks ago, and huge collector of "someday" projects that I am, I figured I would save bracelet making for a rainy day.  



Well, it didn't rain today, but I made some bracelets anyway.  One  came out a wrap bracelet, and the other less so, but I love them anyway.  It was super easy, and surprisingly satisfying.  Best of all, my materials only came to a total of $14.00, and I have enough left for four more bracelets (sans the cording)!  I don't know about you, but a $7-ish accessory sounds good to me!  Plus, how fun are they, right?  What a fun bit of wrist bling! 

It is much harder than you'd think to take a picture of your own hand without a tripod.
The blue one that I made came out a little big, but since I made it out of cotton cording, dipping it in water and letting it dry should shrink it a bit.  Also, don't make the same mistake I did, and make sure that the cording you choose can fit through your beads (I currently have about 72 that I can't use)!

If you're at all interested in making your own, Ingrid offers three different tutorials on a variation of a wrap bracelet here.  Check her out, she's really sweet!  Start at 5:28 minutes to learn how to make the bracelets I'm wearing.  Yeesh, how many times can I say bracelet in one post?

What do you think, is it worth it to make your own jewelry, or would you rather buy yours instead?  Let me know your thoughts.

Laters!

Amelia xx

7 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! Loving your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww these look so pretty:) I love the blue one xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thank you, that means so much!! I'm still trying to get my blog-legs, if you will, so I really appreciate the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on these!

    x Ellie
    http://ellalogy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're really pretty, I'm just about to watch the video; want to make some myself :)
    Great blog!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove those bracelets and your blog in general, followed with pleasure)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks! And Daniella, best of luck with these, I think you'll find them pretty easy to pick up on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...